Sunday, August 15, 2010

8th Week

Nicenet - how nice! And how easy! I've learnt how to create a course and now I'm on my way to creating one for each of my five classes. I'm pretty sure my students will love and make good use of it.
Now, wikis... I've used them in the past. I've created one for a group of teachers at my school who were in charge of making the school's Educational Project. And I also used it for an online training course I attended a few months ago. Two colleagues and I (who have never met each other) were asked to write an essay together by using a wiki. I find it okay, but I have some doubts it would work with most of my students... As it is about group work and I can check who did what, I fear some of them may try and cheat... They may ask someone else to write for them, so that their group mates won't criticize or mock at them... I don't know...
I'm not a big fan of potatoes, but I like HotPotatoes! :) It allows us to do a lot of different interactive exercises, which is great! It is just a pity it is a bit of time consuming...
My project... A rough draft! Yes, just that. Now I'm going to work hard on it, so...
Have a nice week!
Yours,
Elsa

2 comments:

  1. Dear Elsa,

    I agree that Nicenet is nice and easy. Now we only have to wait and see how our students are going to react. I am sure they will get used to using Nicenet. It all depends from the teacher's management. The teacher should be vary careful, she/he should assist students in the beginning until they get used to it. The teacher should emphasize the importance and advantages of using Nicenet. It should become a routine and students will become accustomed users of Nicenet.

    We need to make sure that our students benefit from whatever activities/tasks/exercises/readings we give.

    Good Luck!

    Yours,
    Luiza

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for another terrific write-up. Exactly where else could anyone get that type of info in such a ideal way of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I am on the look for such information and facts.
    Customized Essay

    ReplyDelete